These tips are brought to you by International Power Plate Master Trainer Amanda Boyle, who also heads up the Power Plate Institute of Australia. Amanda suggest that you try these top 5 tips to help you get ready for Summer:
1. Climb out of your winter hibernation! Start by doing a little bit of exercise and increase the amount you do every day to build up your fitness levels. Also try incorporating incidental exercise into your day – take the stairs, or get off the bus one stop earlier. The small things add up – but don’t let them replace proper exercise
2. Start eating lighter meals with less starchy carbohydrates (such as pasta and bread). Start aiming to get your carbohydrates from fruit and vegetables – your body will thank you for it!
3. Buy a book that inspires you. I would recommend “Clean and Lean – Flat Tummy Fast” by James Duigan and “Accidently Overweight” by Dr Libby Weaver. These two books are really inspirational to me personally and help keep me on track with my own exercise and health.
4. Start keeping a food diary so you can be honest about what you’re eating. After a couple of days, step back and take a look at what you’re eating and play around with your options. Do you NEED that 3pm chocolate bar? Or could you replace it with a handful of almonds?
5. Try a detox to balance out your sugar levels and alkaline the body. There are some great detoxes available on the market which makes it really easy. I’d recommend the Urban Remedy Juice Detox which is a great juice detox for all levels. http://chirosports.com.au/health_tips